Well, all good things must come to an end. Here is the final batch of reviews from the 1984-a-thon. I want to thank all the great bloggers and podcasters who participated for making this event such a big success. You all rock!
– The Dew Over podcast looks at all five of 1984’s Best Picture nominees and decides whether that year is in need of a “Dew Over.”
– Kristen at Journeys in Classic film is Romancing the Stone.
– Karamel Kinema looks at Lars Von Trier’s debut The Element of Crime.
– Never sleep again…Marc at French Toast Sunday looks at A Nightmare on Elm Street.
– Sam at French Toast Sunday faces Conan the Destroyer.
– Pinnland Empire reviews Boy Meets Girl.
– Moon in Gemini has a case of Irreconcilable Differences.
– Turn on the Stevie Wonder soundtrack and join Girls Do Film for The Woman in Red.
– Random Pictures gives us Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung in Wheels on Meals.
– Pre-code.com looks at Johnny Dangerously.
– Parlor of Horror conducts The Philadelphia Experiment.
– The Randy Newman score swells as Ten Stars or Less reviews The Natural.
– Alcohollywood takes a trip to Paris, Texas.
– Film and Other Assorted Buffery looks at Neil Jordan’s The Company of the Wovles.
– Cinemascuro looks at the sword and sorcery epic The Warrior and the Sorceress.
– This Must Be the Place looks at the Talking Heads concert film Stop Making Sense.
– It’s Jason’s final killing spree…or was it? We Minored in Film reviews Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.
– The Cinematic Spectacle looks at Robert Altman’s Secret Honor.
– Peter at Man I Love Films on The Hit.
– Chuck Norris Ate My Baby reviews Killpoint.
– Yours truly guested on the Filmwhys Podcast to discuss some of the standout films from 1984.